• Friday 29 April 2016

    Joe Biden lost $10 betting a Cadillac was quicker than a Tesla

    Posted By: Uni logo - 21:21:00

    Share

    & Comment

    Ap_253384120604

    It was old school versus new school. And new school won.
    Vice President Joe Biden visited the Vatican recently, and, in true Biden form, he placed a bet before meeting with one of the Cardinals. You know, as good Catholics do.
    Specifically, Biden bet a New York Times correspondent, Gardiner Harris, which was faster: a Cadillac or a Tesla. He relayed his loss to Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican secretary of state, at their meeting, according to a White House press pool report. 
    Parolin: You have already met with the Holy Father.
    Biden: I have met with the Holy Father. And I've met with these guys, too. (Gesturing to press pool.) I had to pay this man $10. He's from the New York Times. We had a bet: Which is the faster car, the newer Cadillac or the new Musk car. Which?
    Harris: Tesla.
    Biden: The Tesla. I bet the Cadillac.
    Harris: He went for the old technology. I went for the new.
    Parolin: Oh yes?
    Biden: The Tesla's two tenths of a second faster. But I lost. I paid my $10. I want the record to show, I paid my $10.
    Then Michael Memoli, a Los Angeles Times reporter, chimed in: Does that count as a confession sir? Biden was quick to respond. "I'm seeking absolution!"
    While it's not clear which Cadillac Biden is referring to, it's easy to deduce he meant the CTS-V powered by a 640-horsepower supercharged V8 engine borrowed from the Chevrolet Corvette Z06. We can also assume the "Musk car" in question is the Tesla Model S P90D with Ludicrous acceleration mode.
    The CTS-V is capable of a 0 to 60 mph run in 3.7 seconds while the P90D can do that same run in just 2.8. From the seat of your pants, they're equally quick. From a numbers standpoint, though, the Musk car takes the cake.
    I don't know where Biden and the Cardinal got their performance figures from. The Caddy is a bit more than two tenths of a second slower. Either way you crack it, Biden wins because both cars are American made.

    About Uni logo

    Techism is an online Publication that complies Bizarre, Odd, Strange, Out of box facts about the stuff going around in the world which you may find hard to believe and understand. The Main Purpose of this site is to bring reality with a taste of entertainment

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright © 2016 Uni logo™ is a registered trademark.

    Designed by Unilogou. Hosted on Blogger Platform.